Thursday 16 June 2016

I'm baa--aack!! The return of the Brando masculinity

Marlon Brando represents a sophisticated masculinity
I am reigniting this blog.

It is time. For about four years I wrote consistently about male issues, and I explored areas of my own mind and subconscious and sexuality that I didn't know were burning away inside me.

I don't know why I stopped. The sneering, hipsterish campus feminists had something to do with it. The PC, affronted look people gave me when they realised what I write, as if I had somehow betrayed them just by offering a perspective they refused to see as legitimate.

What is that view? Well, it's not a dogma, or a world view.

It's simply what happens to be in my head at any given time, on the topic of masculinity and male sexuality.

Marlon Brando is the patron saint of this blog, and he will continue to be. Brando embodies my vision of a sophisticated but no less powerful and fearless masculinity.

The difference between the Brando masculinity and every other mode of masculinity I have come across, is that the fearlessness is internal as much as external.

Brando had emotional range. It's not just about “letting the men cry too”.

It's about what emotional experiences the culture allows men to explore without stigma. And the dimensionality of those experiences.

Brando blew it all away, and for a brief moment, masculinity looked like it had an alternative path of evolution. I really believe that, and I believe history will prove me right about Brando.

But another theme of this blog has always been the vested interest in limiting the emotional range of masculinity.

The feminists talk big about breaking down barriers. But it is my experience of the kinds of women that preach about female emancipation, that they are the most reactionary and conservative when it comes to masculinity.

It's one thing to emancipate women. Quite another thing to challenge traditional masculinity.

It's very trendy to be feminist. It's very unacceptable to apply the same critique to masculinity.

There's a lot to lose. Feminists like to challenge what it suits them to challenge. But change masculinity, then the whole house of cards falls down.

That's why these same women are so resistant to it. They will say all the right things, but how they act, and how they treat the men around them, tells a different story.

But unlike in the past, I am not going to waste time trying to persuade stale, middle-class, boring women about my view of masculinity.

There are plenty of women out there who get it. Plenty of women who genuinely love men. Not just male cultural forms, but they really love men, and they refuse to see their insecurities as the product of some class oppression.

They don't believe that we live in a rape culture (ridiculous idea) and they don't believe that men are some higher class that exploit females as a resource.

But like I said, I am not going to try and persuade anyone. None of what I write is an invitation for your opinion.

You have had too much scope to voice your opinion. It's time to shut up for a minute.

This blog will focus on celebrating masculinity – the kind of masculinity that I want to see in the world, and which does not pander to the safe, bourgeoisie tropes that allow it to sit alongside the campus, rape-obsessed feminists that I am not allowed to criticise.

So this is just a shot across the bow.

Daddy's back, and he's smarter, more pissed off and more relentless than he's ever been.





No comments:

Post a Comment